Welcome to my Professional Blog










Hello and welcome to my Curriculum Instruction 545
Introduction blog page





I’m Todd Fischer and I am currently in the process of earning my Baccalaureate of Art degree in Art Education at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee 

I am the father of five wonderful adults, four daughters, and a son who is the oldest. I have been happily married to an elementary education teacher who I meet while attending the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh and have been so for the past 27 years.  I grew up in the town of and attended Muskego High school. I currently live and commute from my Washington Park, Milwaukee home where I have resided for the last 26 years   

I retired in (2007) after 25 years from the United States Marine Corps as a Chief Warrant Officer three, and recently (2018) retired from the Milwaukee Police Department after 26 years as a Violent Crimes Division Detective.

My professional goals are; I look forward to teaching for the Milwaukee Public Schools System where my experience thus far has been very special. I want to be a part of the same community that is trying to teach our adolescents to become valuable additions to the Society

I want to continue in my pursuit of making a real difference and being relevant. I hope by being a part / participant of each of those organizations (USMC) worldwide, (MPD) local government, adult community, (MPS) future civic leaders. that I can assist in some small but relevant way in making this a better place to coexist.  

Some WEB sites that I have used as reference in my teaching career;



A great TED TALK site 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYN-anlXcBs&feature=youtu.be




Thank you for showing interest in my blog and venturing with me as I strive to reach my goals 

Comments

  1. Hey Todd! Thank you for sharing a little bit about your background. I liked what you said about wanting to make a difference; no doubt your involvement in various organizations and role as a teacher will impact the world in a positive way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Todd,
    Thank you for sharing your passion and ideas about education. I love that you included a Ted Talk link... I am looking forward to reading more this semester.
    Barb S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todd, your experiences bring in another great factor to your classes. You are able to bring in different perspectives and have students reflect on contemporary issues, especially here within our city.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where am I and where do I want to be.

TEXT SETS